Take your class to New York City for a field trip like no other. Supplement your curriculum with workshops, activities, and tours exclusive to NYC and give your students the experience of a lifetime!
Your students will get a behind-the-scenes look at Radio City Music Hall. Immerse them in the performances of Broadway. Experience the crowds at a local baseball game and the unique culture of the city. Your students will experience the bright lights in Times Square, the top of One World Observatory, and the unique atmosphere of Chinatown and Little Italy that will inspire a lifetime of travel!
Why Educational Tours to NYC?
The #1 bestselling high school trip
Art, drama, music-based tours incorporating the rich culture of NYC
Participate in a unique urban tour of the largest American city
New York City Student Tours
New York City Resource Guide
What are the best attractions for high school students in New York City?
New York offers a lot of activities for students, but here's a list of the top 5 picks as voted by teachers and students
- Top of the Rock. Travel to the observation deck to enjoy unparalleled views of the city. A definite must-do on your trip!
- Baseball Game. Watch a Yankees or Mets game and be swept away by the energy of the crowds.
- Broadway Show. From Hamilton to Lion King, experience the excitement of live performances of Broadway musicals.
- NYC Bus Tour. Enjoy the streets of New York on a guided bus tour. A great way to take in the bustle of this massive city.
- Art Gallery. Make a stop at leading contemporary galleries like The Met or MoMA and be inspired!
How do I eat in New York on a student-friendly budget?
At Times Square
- City Market - A trendy spot with a variety of food options, from Sushi to Tacos. The Market is an upscale, open-concept food court with amazingly affordable options. Bring your friends and enjoy a delicious dining experience!
- Shake Shack - For thick, savory, delicious burgers on a budget, Shake Shack delivers the best! Replace the bun with gluten-free or lettuce for a healthy, allergy-free alternative. Veggie lovers, dig into the 'Shroom burger, Garden dog, and in a few locations, the new Veggie Shack burger!
- Naya. A great shawarma shop with a few creative dishes-- like pumpkin kibbe! If you're looking for delicious halal & vegan options, make a visit to Naya!
At Rockefeller Center & 5th Avenue
- Magnolia Bakery - If you've never craved banana pudding before, you've never had it at Magnolia Bakery! This bakery also offers delicacies like cupcakes and brownies, but Magnolia's have made a name with their famous pudding!
- Lenwich. Enjoy a New York staple with a stop at this bagel shop. Nutritional & allergy guide also available online.
- 2 Bros. Pizza - Eat like a New Yorker and make a quick stop at this $1 per slice pizza place.
At the Financial District
- Stage Door Delicatessen - Looking for a classic bodega deli? Stage Door offers up delicious sandwiches for a great price and an absolute go-to if you want a traditional New York deli experience.
- Go! Go! Curry! - A thick curry over fried pork or chicken cutlets makes for a savory and filling dinner! Although vegetarian options are offered, it would be important to note that the curry has pork in it.
- Nish Nush - Kosher and vegan shawarma options that are both delicious and affordable!
What are the best neighbourhoods for students to visit?
- Chinatown: Enjoy a variety of Chinese delicacies from dumplings and tea, or explore these busy, narrow streets filled with vendors, temples, and more!
- Little Italy: Visit this historic district and sample cheesy calzones, cannoli, and espresso in this Manhattan neighbourhood!
- Theater District: Experience the bustle of the entertainment district, the neon signs, and everything Broadway has to offer.
- Times Square: Take in the bright lights, tall advertisements, and huge establishments that are iconic to New York.
- Midtown - Chelsea: Explore this beautiful art district and be sure to grab a bite to eat!